Friday, October 26, 2012

Trampoline

Thursdays I pick up #4 from school early every week.  This week, we had a parent/student project to do at 12:00 and then we were free to go home.  We decided while we were creating a Jack-o-latern masterpiece that we would jump on the trampoline as long as it was not raining.  We got home about 1:30 and went straight for the trampoline.  I had not "played" on the trampoline before, only crawling on it to grab said #4 to bring him inside when it was time.  So, I was quite surprised at how tired I did get after jumping for just a few minutes.  We probably stayed on the trampoline for 1/2 hour, but I definitely did not jump for that long.  I let him do most of the jumping while I goofed around.  We did jump around the perimeter, and did belly flops and lots of other jumping too.  I was exhausted!

Now I understand why the kids come in flushed, breathing hard and ready to drink a gallon of water.  It's a lot of work to "play" on a trampoline. 

I did not make it to the gym Thursday, but did 45 minutes on the elliptical.  I had other things to get done and needed to pick up #4.  Friday, not looking like a gym day either as I helped with a 1st grade Fall Celebration all morning.  I will be mowing the grass and running about to do a few other errands.  The day sure goes quick when I have a list of things to do. 

No comments: