Thursday, November 1, 2007

Reflection on 6 months

It's amazing that six months have flown by as fast as they have. What has happened within the last six months?

Top Ten Difference Makers!

1. Enjoy yourself~I've taken time to reflect on the journey and have enjoyed my new lifestyle. I enjoy the food, the new "virtual family" I've gained and I've learned to like exercise. I actually get pleasure from exercising; it's a great stress reliever and an excellent time for needed "me" time.

2. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables~in the past, I wouldn't make this a focus and sometimes didn't eat them at meals at all. Now even if we're eating pizza our spaghetti I make a special point to make a side vegetable. Fruit has been a staple at breakfast and lunch.

3. Exercising regularly~walking at least 10,000 steps 5-7 times a week and using the elliptical machine 5-6 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time.

4. Eating Breakfast~This had always been a luxury as I always made sure to get our 3 kids fed and ready and out of the house before I took care of myself. Now I make sure to eat breakfast even before getting the kids theirs.

5. Tracking~I have not been great at weighing and measuring and usually guessimate on point values, but I definitely write everything down.

6. Compliments~I've heard compliments from people that I hardly even know, but each one makes me more motivated to keep on going and continue with this journey.

7. Blogging~I'm still pretty new at it and sometimes feel that I have very little to add that is inspiring, but I have enjoyed meeting others working toward the same goal and have been inspired all the their stories.

8. Weight Watcher Meetings~Adding a sense of accountability to the journey has been important. Those gold 5 pound stars are one of my most valued possessions right now and I look forward to getting another one every time I get to that point.

9. GOAD~This message board on the Weight Watcher site has become an automatic place that I go after I track my food for each meal. The guys(and guygals) have been very inspirational especially on those not-so-good days.

10. Lost 65 pounds~Even though I know I shouldn't worry about what the scale says, I can't help but be amazed at the numbers. Hit 65 pounds lost on Halloween and although I was hoping to get below 200, I know it will happen as long as I keep on going the way I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful grandchildren I have!!! Thanks for the "smiles" today.

Mary