Saturday, December 8, 2007

Concert Last Night

I sing in a Community Choir, Suburban Singers, and last night we had our first of two consecutive Friday concerts. Last year, I wore a XXL vest. They run a bit small and actually that XXL was getting a little snug last night. To my delight, this year I fit into a L with room to spare. I washed my XXL and brought it in for one of the new singers to wear. I was so surprised at how big the XXL looked on me. My wife asked me to try it on so she could see exactly how it looked. She was amazed and said that our 3 year old could fit instead the vest with me now. It was a great concert! I have a solo in one of the pieces singing, "Let It Snow!" I also found that this year, I am not out of breath nearly as fast as I was last year. I can see all the long notes and phrases without taking unnecessary breaths.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

NSV's all over the place. Wish we could all see you sing!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the concert. And the smaller vest!

Anonymous said...

GREAT!! Did you take a photo? Just to let you know that I hope to be back blogging next week. D

john - from fat to fit said...

That's awesome how you can see such a difference in your performance! I'm going skiing today for the first time this year, I'll be interested to see if I can tell if my small weight gain has made a difference.

Anonymous said...

Looking good!!! Keep it up!! We're so proud of you.

Mom R.