Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Week 36

Week 36: 194.4
Last Week: 195.6
Progress: Down 1.2
Starting Weight: 270.2
Total Weight Loss: 75.8
Average Weekly Loss: 2.11

Sweet 75! The holidays were definitely a challenge, but I came through it with a loss. The week, one person hit 25 pounds, one person got their 10% and I hit 75 pounds. What more could Weight Watchers ask for the day after a major holiday when there were at least twice as many people as usual at the meeting.

At our meeting, we discussed what our goals are for the new year. On the GOAD board, I posted three goals for the new year:
1. To hit my goal by my birthday. 5 pounds in a month seems doable especially now that the holidays are over. Unfortunately, there are many family birthdays coming up in the next two months starting with about 5 in January and 3 in February along with a new baby being born somewhere in there as well.
2. To average 12,000 steps a day for the entire year. This past year, since June 1, I logged over 1500 miles of walking. That my friends, is a long way.
3.) To eat at least 5 fruits and veggies daily. I'm not having problems with this at all, but I know it will continue to be a key to staying on track.

We also got a new Book 4, which discusses dining out. Yesterday, I took the family out to IHOP. The key to staying on track for me was to go to their website and order before I even got there. It made it a lot more manageable as I wasn't tempted by the higher calorie choices, since I knew what I was getting already. I always thought that suggestion seemed ridiculous, but it worked and I'll be looking at other websites before going out to eat again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you've earned it!

I've always made it a habit to check out a restaurant's website before going there to eat. In fact, I had started compiling a list and marking whether the places did or didn't have the nutritional info for their menu on their site.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! You are an inspiration for my husband--he promises to start wearing my pedometer and working on his fitness too.

I love the idea of planning your meal order ahead of time.

Kathy said...

Checking the restaurant menu before I go is one of my tricks too...maybe we need to start compiling our tricks for others who are just beginning!
Your goals sound quite doable and you'll hear a big cheer from the south when you hit goal!

TB and Project Runway...whoda thought! Maybe that could be your reality show...what a hoot that would be! Make it work, TB!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 75!! Keep up the good work!

MIL

noelle said...

xo very proud of you! any loss this time of year is great.

and what great promo for WW to have all those celebrations in one meeting!