Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nothing Tastes As Good...Part II

I've still been pondering that silly quote, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!" I am coming to understand the meaning and really am starting to agree with the statement. There are so many things that I am able to do now that I couldn't do a year ago. I had aching knees, feet, and back that I just forgot about. Since I didn't feel the pain anymore, I've taken for granted that I just have always felt this way. Someone asked me today: What does thin feel like? The best way to describe it is not in how thin feels, but rather how "fat" feels. Thin has now been a way of life for a while and I'm just used to it by now. Fat on the other hand is being lethargic, having no energy, eating as much as you can and then feeling horrible afterwards, not being able to climb a flight of stairs without taking a break, not being able to park "farther away" from the store as a form of exercise due to pain, feeling that there is "no use" dieting because you have always been this way. Fat does not feel good!

Thin feels good period! I may not agree that nothing tastes as good as thin, but I am coming to understand the quote the more and more that I think about it.

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

"Nothing tastes as good as not being fat feels."

I'm with you on this one. You do tend to forget how crap it was being obese on a day to day level.

Kate said...

I often forget how it felt to be the way I used to be. I was lazy, out of shape and slightly overweight. I came home from work, laid on the couch, ate a bad dinner (or no dinner at all!), and went to bed late.

My life is so different now, it's hard to believe I was once that person!

Ken Lashin said...

Last week I turned 40 and as part of the process of reaching another one of those ages with a 0 on the end I decided to take a look at what I should do differently with my health and exercise.