Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day

Whatever your political beliefs, today, seems to be one of "those" days every American will remember. I'm sure most people remember special days throughout their lives including where they were when JFK was assassinated, or MLK too. Days such as the first man on the moon, or the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion. Of course, there are many personal days to remember as well. The day we got married, the entire honeymoon as it was the first plane ride I ever took and the first cruise I was ever on and the first time I was off American soil. I definitely remember the birth of all four children and the special days that come with children as well: the first day of school, birthdays, etc.

What about the weightloss journey? In two days, I will celebrate one year at my Weight Watcher goal. I remember THAT day like it was yesterday. It happened to be a Tuesday and I skipped my choir practice because I knew I was going to reach my goal weight. It was the only time in over a year that I attended a different meeting from my normal Wednesday meeting. The meeting room was packed as the Tuesday meetings always are due to the dynamic leader, who I really do like, but I prefer a smaller meeting personally. I remember the day that I reached my lifetime status as well. I brought all 3 of my kids along with my "fat pants" to the meeting. Weighed in, said a few words and took the kids to McDonald's for a celebration dinner.

I wish I could remember more of the days that really meant the most. Those days that I just kept plugging away. Those days that help us reach our goals, but are not as memorable. Those are the days that really mean the most.

Happy Inauguration Day!...and may every day help us realize our goals.

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Fantastic post and so true TB.

I'm mighty impressed with your maintenance so far. I hope to do as well as you do once I reach my goals.

Kathy said...

A year already??? You should be very proud.

new*me said...

Happy Inauguration day to you too :) I am inspired by the way he is inspiring Americans to join together and serve like we never have before.

I can't wait to reach my goal and maintain for a year ;) You are really an inspiration. Some days I think I will NEVER get there but then I see people like you who have done it so well..and I think......I can do this too :)!