Monday, April 13, 2009

Anchors Aweigh

I haven't worn my "Make the Better Choice" bracelet all winter because it was bothering my wrist. Finally, the winter is over and my hands, wrists, arms, etc. are no longer dry so I dug the ol' bracelet out. This past week at WW meetings, having an anchor was discussed. I haven't relied on anchors heavily during my weight loss journey, but I do rely on a few things to keep me anchored.

My bracelet is one anchor, another anchor that helped along the way was my five pounds stickers from WW. I still have them will probably keep them with my weigh-in book forever. My goal was always to get another star...never looked beyond that and I think I need to get back to that. I need to earn two stars!

Another anchor that reminds me that exercise pays off is my Biggest Loser key chain. I have my 10% charm along with my 25, 50, 75 charms and my goal and lifetime charms staring me in the face while I exercise. I keeps me motivated to finish a workout.

I wish I had more anchors that actually worked. I purchased a "Hungry" magnet and put it prominently on the refrigerator, we'll see how that goes.

My weekend was not too bad. Grazed a little too much at the candy on Saturday, but Easter was a successful day. Looking forward to a week with the family.

1 comment:

Fitter After 50 said...

I think that "looking forward to a week with the family" would be an awesome "anchor". Had you not lost the weight, who knows what kinds of health problems you would have encountered. They would definitely put a damper on your family time.