Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Not Failure, it's a Learning Experience

That's what I got from the Biggest Loser last night. One of those gushy gushy segments that I usually speed right through, Amanda was complaining about not being able to get back on the treadmill and ride for 15 seconds. Jillian demanded that she do it. Amanda walked out of the gym and later apologized, Jillian said she didn't let her down only HERSELF.

I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of failure, but it seems I have a hard time dealing with success. I do avoid certain things, like yoga, and it's probably because I am afraid to fail. I can't do it! Actually, I just don't like doing it. I know it's a great way to add variety to my workout regimen, but I still usually skip the yoga and ride the elliptical instead when it's yoga day in my P90X cycle. Today, a good example.

Dealing with success. It's difficult to stay on top of your game all the time, but it shouldn't be so difficult to just keep on making the best choices possible. I have a hard time doing this. I reach for the cookies, or grab for a bar, or just eat a little too big of portion.

I'm not afraid of failure, I know how to do that...it's the success that I'm afraid of.

No comments: