Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pie vs. Turkey

I was on Twitter this morning and one of the mindless conversations occurring involved choosing between pie and turkey on Thanksgiving. What is more important to the feast?

I stayed out of the conversation, but was amazed at how much thought people were actually putting into answering the question. Both turkey and pie are usually associated with something special. I certainly don't make a turkey too often, but I also rarely ever bake a pie. Makes answering the question that much more difficult.

Turkey or pie? After thinking for a while, I'm still not sure how I would answer. I know I could eat WAY more turkey and feel satisfied. I also know, I LOVE sweets and a pie has only one purpose: to enter the piehole!! I'll be thinking about this question and hopefully by Thanksgiving I'll have an answer.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Isn't the message from WW that we can have moderate amounts of turkey AND pie. No either/or is necessary.

Fitter After 50 said...

What about a turkey pie then? :)

Miz said...

Turkey.
Im a cake-woman :)

Ron said...

probably be turkey and a tatse of the pie for me. I can usually just take a tiny peice of any kind of dessert and be satisfied as long as my mind is focused on not wanting to gain weight!

mrs darling said...

I love turkey but it makes me soooo tired after I eat it. I must be highly sensitive to the tryptophane in it. If I have the meal at my house I cant eat the turkey because I have to clean up and be a hostess. If its at somebody elses house I will choose the turkey because I can nap afterward! :)

TB--Milwaukee said...

Kathy~I know WW says nothing is off limit. It was just a mindless discussion of either or.

Oh Sew Good~Don't think I'm coming to your Thanksgiving.

Mizfit~Seems we all are either cake or pie. Me...I'm much more a pie-man.

Ron~I love turkey and I love pie, so I'll be trying to do just a little of each since I know I'll NEED to go back for seconds.

Mrs. Darling~It affects all men too. That's why we leave the kitchen so fast in fear of falling asleep before getting to the comfy chairs in front of the game.

Yum Yucky said...

I was thinking maybe combined the two. Turkey on top of pie?

If you eat them separate: turkey, then eat pie, it all gets mashed together in your stomach anyways.

Anonymous said...

Turkey, hands down! LOVE it!