Friday, March 5, 2010

Conversations with a 4 yr old




I spend my mornings chasing my 1 yr old around the house, playing ball, zooming cars and having him help me with my morning routine. He could probably make my coffee and oatmeal for me if I'd let him. He helps sort the laundry and even puts it away for me. His mother must have taught him how to put the dishes away from a clean dishwasher cause he doesn't quite get the silverware where it's supposed to go. Somehow his company is lacking something. I mean he knows exactly what he means, but it's simply a oneway conversation when I talk to him.

My 4 yr old, on the other hand, has lots to say. He always jumps to my arms after preschool, shows me the sticker he's earned, takes his time before choosing the perfect place for the sticker on his folder and off we go.

On the way home, he tells me about his day and gives me orders about what we'll do in the afternoon. No "can we's" or let's do" it's always "we're going to"!

We have lots of quality time together!


4 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I think 4-8 is about my favorite age range. They turn into little people.

Then they turn into teenagers and all bets are off...

WWSuzi said...

Neither you nor the boys will ever forget this time together :)

Ron said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy - it doesn't take long & they don't like to snuggle anymore!!
D