Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Week of the New Year

It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in a short amount of time.  We've moved!! December 30 was moving day and I am so glad that we hired movers to help us move.  They arrived at our house at 7:15 and got done as we were done closing on our house and becoming homeless for a few hours.  I woke up by 5:00am to start getting stuff moved into our cars as the movers would not move everything; plants, chemistry sets, charcoal, planters, lampshades, boxes without tops, etc. We ended up filling both of our cars and my sister-in-laws car, plus she ended up piling a few things onto our neighbors porch as she couldn't fit it in her car and we had already gone to the closing.

It couldn't have been a more smooth move. Everything went great and we are now enjoying our new house. Everyday we are becoming a little more comfortable and a little bit more moved in.

This has been a strange eating/exercise week.  I still haven't got into a good breakfast routine. I am driving the kids to school, which is now 20 minutes from our house.  We didn't want to pull them out of school in the middle of the year, so we're commuting till June.  I pack my gym stuff and head to the gym in the morning.  This means breakfast has been on the go so far.  After the gym, it's picking up the 3 yr old from 3K and then off to home for some lunch and downtime.  Lunch has been fine since I'm home.  I haven't eaten dinner regularly since working 5-8 two nights a week and being chauffeur a few other nights, so I tend to have a snack at that time and then again when I'm home at 8:30.

I am hoping to find a good breakfast as this has always tended to be my bigger meal. You know the old saying: Breakfast like a King, Supper like a Servant. 


I been unpacking a bunch, but seems my exercise room/music room has been the only room totally neglected so far.  Hoping to change that this week.  Here's our first family picture in by our new fireplace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome to "see" you again - and the whole group! Wow. they're growing up, TB!!!
glad the move went well!
Dawn