Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Three Blind Mice

November sure has flown by.  I am amazed at how fast time can fly by.  We had a touch of the flu come through our house the week after my MIL's birthday party.  My 4 yr. old, 8 yr. old, 6 yr. old and then my wife all had a stomach flu for a day.  It was fast moving and didn't effect anyone too bad.  The following week, I took the in-laws to the airport for a trip to Disney World and picked them up.  I also called to cancel my gym membership.  I didn't sign up for the bootcamp that I had taken for over 2 years and I decided to cut out training for the holidays and then decided that those were the only two days that I religiously made it to the gym, so I cancelled my membership.  I needed to give a 30 day notice, so I am actually still able to head to the gym till the end of the year.

Seems we've been sharing our house with some visitors for a while.  No idea how long, but by the amount of droppings we found, it's been awhile! We started cleaning and getting ready to decorate for Christmas and my wife found some brown rice looking stuff under our ottoman.  Turns out it was mouse droppings.  I stopped at Target to do some Black Friday shopping at 2:00 in the morning.  What did I buy? Just mouse traps.  By the time I woke up at 8:00, we had caught two mice.  We then did more cleaning and found a huge amount of droppings under an entertainment center.  The wife also joyously found a dead mouse instead the entertainment center.  We trapped another mouse each morning, but now haven't gotten one since Monday.  I did an inspection of the exterior and I'm pretty sure I found the "hole" they were coming in.  We have a porch slab that butts up to the house and in that corner, seems that was a big enough hole for them to find their way in.  I sealed it with some steel wool and a whole can of foaming insulation so I don't think we'll have a problem for a while.

Thanksgiving was a blast and we over did it on the pies once again.  Five at my Mom's and six at my MIL's.  I haven't been losing or gaining lately, but do plan on getting the motivation mojo flowing once again.

I had a job interview in August for a MT position and hadn't heard anything good or bad from the company.  Seems there was a lack of communication and I was meant to be hired then, but the person who interviewed me abruptly quit and my file was left in limbo till this week.  This morning, I met with the new administrator and we had a good discussion.  She left me know that there was now another MT interested in the position so I should hear either way next week.  Nothing like hearing about a job in a timely manner!


No comments: