Friday, January 11, 2013

The New Year

I made it to a Weight Watcher meeting in December.  The two receptionists that I worked with asked if I'd like to come with them.  I went, but have not even bothered to open the new material.  Frankly, I haven't tracked, exercised or really given a rip since early last year.  Moving away from my gym, quitting my WW receptionist position, and just life in general has not motivated me to care much about my weight/health right now.

My wife, has used the elliptical more than I have this year so far.  She's trying to get down a few pounds before we head to Disney World in April.  She's hopped on it daily, and I've checked the room out to make sure the lights still right... I'm just not at the point of caring right now. I know what I need to do. I know how to do it. I know the WORK it takes to get the job done and that's really what's holding me back right now.  It's a lot of work to be diligent and stay strong in eating and living healthy.  One of these days, I'm hoping the switch will flip and I will realize that it's so much easier than I think. 

But for now, I'm happy at the 250 that I weighed in at on December 8.  Still at it, and this is actually the longest I've stayed the same for some time so maybe I am turning a corner.  I know one thing, I've been much busier since taking a Hospice Music Therapy position and have not had the time to snack that I once did.

I will carry on and hope for the kick in the butt I need to realize it is really not difficult to lose/maintain, just takes some dedication.

1 comment:

Yum Yucky said...

I honestly think you already realize it. You know deep down. Push, TB. PUSH for it! This is more of a mind thing that a body thing. Where the mind goes, the body will follow. Good luck you this year.