Friday, August 17, 2007

NSV: Wearing a suit

I had attended my Aunt's funeral yesterday. I was asked to be a pallbearer so I wanted to look nice. I wore a suit and it's the first time I've worn one since beginning Weight Watchers. I tried on my "tried and true" suit coats and I was drowning in them. I dug deep into my closet to pull out a suitcoat I wore for a Voice Recital during my Junior year of college 10 years ago. I fit great and I wore it proudly. Lots of comments from family about how I'm fading away, but I know that's not true. I am still officially obese, so I've got a way to go. I was going to wear my infamous Swinging Knight suit, but I decided a doubled-breasted suit with gold buttons, just wasn't right for a funeral. Kind of looks out of style.

It was a wonderful ceremony and I did great at the lunch afterwards. My daughter ended up eating more than I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Condolences on the loss of your aunt, but congratulations on reclaiming the smaller suitcoat and for eating well at the lunch.

I can empathize with comments from family, but sometimes you just have to realize that while they mean well, you need to do what you know is right for you.

Keep up the good work!