Sunday, October 14, 2007

Let's Move Faster

There's a gentleman on GOAD that has reached 56 weeks on the program and is flirting with 100 pounds lost. He has done so for the last 6 or 7 weeks. It has got to be frustrating. Today he reported that he gained .2 this week leaving himself still a little over 1 pound away. I know myself and I'm getting frustrated at times about 1 pound losses. I should take it easy on myself and realize that a pound a week is a healthy loss. I guess it's only human to beat up on yourself saying, "If I only would have passed on that one cookie" or "If I only would have walked that extra 1000 steps." I'm sure it will all work out in the end, but wouldn't it be nice if it happened over night.

Each time I get closer to a mini goal, I get more impatient. Getting closer to 200 pounds, I can smell it. I know it will happen. My leader boldly stated that it will happen before Thanksgiving. I came back and said it was my goal for Halloween. We shall see, about 3 more weeks! If it doesn't happen by Halloween I'll be alright with it since I know it took me the better part of 10 years to gain 100 pounds.

1 comment:

Lift Heavy Rock said...

I get more impatient as time passes. Then I remind myself that this is a lifestyle change. SOMETIMES, it makes me feel better.