Monday, November 26, 2007

Mantra Monday

Today I introduced Mantra Monday to the GOAD message board What's your Mantra?

I have to admit that my mantra of "No mindless eating," lasted until about 10:30am. My office mate made peanut butter kiss cookies with a group of residents this morning. Unfortunately, those are one of my favorite cookies and the four cookies that were left did not last long in our office. I shall do better throughout the rest of the week. No mindless eating! The rest of the day was great and I have ended the day with plenty of points, so I'm not worried, but it sure does urk me when I give in to the mindless eating. I have to keep reminding myself that it is not a sprint rather a marathon and if I want a cookie I can have one. It's eating four in one sitting that is not quite a wise choice.

Guinea Pig
I don't think I've mentioned, but I take care of a guinea pig at our nursing home. We had a guinea pig for over 8 years and "Peanut" passed away in early August. We got a new "baby" guinea pig on September 7. "Misty" was only 6-7 weeks old when we got her...Halloween, she had a baby. I had no idea guinea pigs could have babies so young and the pet store owners were quite surprised as well. Our baby happened to be a boy, so today we had to return him to the pet store. We traded him in for a girl and "Misty" is definitely showing her new cage mate who is boss. I'm hoping our two guinea pigs can get along as it was terribly noisy today as they "got-to-know" each other.

4 comments:

Meow Meow said...

Hey just coming over Via Christine's blog. I saw your packers comment. I am a Brett Farve fan...My college roommate went to high school with him....
I'm from the South...so Da Saints are my first choice, but I think Brett is coll and definately hasn't "lost" his arm ability---I don;t care if he;s 102.

Moby Dick said...

Da Saints suck.

As far as Mantra Monday is concerned how about NO F*CKING FOOD?

My mantra lasted about as long as yours did, but at least it sounded tough.

Verona said...

I'm fighting with mine (Mantra) right now. I feel I could eat 24/7 and try desperately not to eat “junk” but rather healthy stuff. So far so good but not good enough and the day is still fairly young in my neck of the woods…

noelle said...

Mindless eating is the worst! I always feel guilty afterwards and a little sick, plus I didn't even really enjoy what I was eating since I just shoveled it in!

Saw you have a 6 yo, 3 yo and 1 yo with one on the way. Those are similar to the ages of mine. They're 11, 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2. LOVE babies.