Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Two for Twosday

I thought I'd share two of my favorite portion control tips for the day today.

First, using measuring spoons/cups as serving spoons. I never thought to use my 1/2 cup measuring cup as a serving spoon, but since it was mentioned to me by someone I can't recall now, it has made a huge difference in my portion control.

Second, buying food in single servings. I know it's not always the most cost effective, but this has also helped in my portion control. I tend to eat as much as is offered to me and if that's all there is, that's all I'm eating.

Two simple ways to measure indirectly and they have helped me tremendously. I hate weighing and measuring, but simple tricks to use have really made a difference for me.

The Cravings Begin
So my wife sent me out to the store for some chips tonight. Anything with salt, Doritos, Fritos, etc. I told her we had tostitos and pretzels, but I guess I have no idea what it's like to be pregnant, so I'll just keep my mouth shut and do as I'm told!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

As Rumpole used to call his wife:"She who must be obeyed!"...you are a wise man! lol

I have a soup ladle that I use that is 1/2 cup...I always use it for measuring my soups and stews and I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to scoop up my oatmeal when I make the big batches.