Sunday, November 4, 2007

Time Change

The change in time has really played havoc with my eating. Can I use that excuse for eating too much candy? The kids have been very confused with the time change. They went to bed too late Saturday night, woke up too early Sunday morning, and all were in bed by 7:00pm Sunday night. Yesterday was our anniversary and I pretty much snacked ALL day. I hate to think about what I would have eaten if I didn't track everything I was eating. That has really kept me honest as I hate seeing that I've eaten more than more daily allowance.

Friday, I was able to go to a meeting at work since my boss was off. I'm glad I don't have too many meetings to deal with because it seems there is always food and it's never point friendly. Well, I just happened to go on the right day.

RECIPE
I'm not big into recipes, but this recipe was made and served at a meeting this last week and it was delicious. I may make it for Thanksgiving since it's so easy to put together and the best part, NO BAKE!

Banana Split Dessert
2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
5 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
1 can (12 ounces) cold reduced-fat evaporated milk
1/4 cup cold fat-free milk
2 packages (1 once each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
2 medium firm bananas, sliced
1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
5 maraschino cherries, quartered
3 tablespoons walnuts (optional)

Combine cracker crumbs and margarine; press onto the bottom of a 13in.x9in. dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk the evaporated milk, fat-free milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spread pudding evenly over crust. Layer with bananas, pineapple and whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Top with cherries. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

Makes 15 BIG pieces for 4 points each
Easily cut into 24 pieces for 2 points each
Nutruitional Facts: (15 servings each serving) 194 calories, 6g fat, 4mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 3g protein

2 comments:

Kathy said...

The time change has sure made it easier for me to get up in the morning, but I'm sure that will pass. Boy, was it DARK at 6 o'clock last night!!!

kborn said...

Yet again, thinking like a Rebarchik...except going the sugar-free way. YUM.

DST has taken a toll on the cats! They've eaten faster than ever before. I think they think we're starving them...totally confused with the time change. And I'm REALLY not liking the sun at 7:30am when there's no reason for me to be awake at 7:30am...NOT UNTIL THE BABY! I'm just trying to sneak in my last minutes of quiet for the rest of my life.....