Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Water

Someone on the GOAD message board left a link to an article called Drinking Cold Water. I usually drink my water room temperature at home, if I drink water at all. At home, it's been a constant stream of Crystal Light. At work, I have been slamming the water with lots of ice. I have to say it was an interesting little article and got me thinking, but I won't be changing my habits anytime soon. I've just gotten into the habit of drinking pretty much all water and our refrigerator just isn't big enough to hold any water. With three kids, our apartment sized frig has definitely outlived it's effectiveness.

Water is the way I start my day. I drink 32 oz. with my morning vitamin. After which I have breakfast and usually drink another 10 oz. Once I get to work, the first thing I do is find the bathroom and then I fill out the water container. I drink another 32 oz. as I check my email and other stuff online. Fill the water container again and it's off to do some activities. After 2 hours with residents, it's back to the water. In an average day, I consume at least 96 oz. of water. I hate to think about what I was drinking before.

I have found that I am enjoying my hot chocolate and I have even ventured into the coffee territory. I have never been a coffee drinker, but the caffeine and the no points is rater appealing.

Anyway to get the water is a good way!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I don't think that I could drink water without it being cold. I prefer ice water at work - but otherwise its gotta be super cold! :)

Anonymous said...

I make sure I get my 6 glasses in before lunch every day, then drink more as I want it. I like my water cold when it's warm and room temperature when it's cold out.