Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm a Yogi


After watching "The Biggest Loser" this week and reading Workout Mommy's post about yoga, I tried it. I wasn't expecting much, but she promised that I'd have sweat running down my back just by doing the simple Sun Salutation. I tried two rounds of the moves and at the end, I didn't have sweat running down my back, but I could definitely feel that my heart rate definitely was faster than before and I did feel like I had just done a workout.

Last week, I had to laugh at work when a co-worker did the same series of moves during a presentation on India. She demonstrated the Sun Salutation and at the end stated that she was sweating. Little did I know it was such a workout.

What a great way to start the day! If you haven't tried yoga, give it a whirl. I'll be adding the sun salutation to my early morning routine.

Sweet Treat
WOW! Someone on the WW message boards mentioned adding two packets of splenda and a teaspoon of cinnamon to some 94% ff popcorn. It was delicious. Something I've been missing is sweetness to go along with crunch and this did the trick. I probably should use this new treat with caution as it is definitely addicting.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I have also added a spoon of sugar-free Jello powder to the bag and shaking it up! And a tablespoon of sugar-free chocolate instant pudding powder if you're in the mood for chocolate! I've also added those little flavored Splenda packets made for coffee...the French Vanilla is good. I told you I'm fearless when it comes to trying things!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you tried the yoga and liked it!

Lisa

noelle said...

I'd forgotten how much I really like yoga. My problem is doing it without an audience! That either means 5 am these days...or after 9 when they all get to bed. Yeah, I think I like sleep more....

d.fine09 said...

As soon as I saw that your post was about yoga I thought of Biggest Loser. Man that big guy was good. Who would have guessed that he could move like that.

I have taken a yoga class here and there but not stuck with it. I have the Power 90 DVDs and on it the guy does power yoga. IT IS TOUGH! I am always sweating a few minutes into it.

I will have to try the popcorn. I have some cheese flavoring I sprinkle on mine. It is by Kernel Seasonings.

Anonymous said...

I just added your blog site to my blogroll, I pray you would give some thought to doing the same.