Saturday, January 26, 2008

What are You Going to Make Me?

My wife's birthday was yesterday. I like to tell people she is "MUCH OLDER" than me since my birthday is not till next weekend. We celebrated by going to TGI Friday's at Miller Park. I was thinking that made for an easy way out of eating birthday cake until this morning. I worked for a while this morning and when I came home my darling wife asked, "Are you making me brownies or cake?"

Doh!

Well, I decided that an Angel Food Cake was much more point friendly than a pan of brownies, so I did it. Made my first ever Angel Food Cake. While it was baking, I hopped on the elliptical for 47 minutes, since that's how long it stayed in the oven. So I will enjoy my cake and feel good about it, since I exercised while baking it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husbands bday is 4 days after mine and has already started saying that I am older.

You are too funny! That is pure dedication. You made an angel food cake and worked out while it was baking!!

I am really wanting to get an elliptical for our place, but the prices are insane. What kind do you have?

Kathy said...

You are just too good!!! And funny to boot!

Anonymous said...

now that takes dedication! Good for you for making excellent use of your time!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching your goal weight!! You look wonderful. We're so proud of your accomplishments this past year. The angel food cake was delicious...knowing that it was made with "love". Can't wait to see the new kitchen...so much easier to cook "healthy" in a great space! I agree that if you are going to spend that kind of money do it right and make sure everything is how you want it. Quality does count. Just make sure that 6 chairs will fit around that island for mealtimes..otherwise you may want to opt for a table and chairs. The plans look great.

Love ya,
MIL and FIL

Dinahsoar said...

I wouldn't be surprised if your wife made you brownies for your birthday since you made her an angel food cake! hahahaha....you know what they say "what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander".

By the way, I love the your marsmallow snowman identity.

Anonymous said...

My wife takes great delight in the fact that my birthday is 5 months and change before hers.

While I'm a decent cook, I don't really bake well at all, so I'd probably be doing my wife a favor by not making her a cake.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the cake!! it was delicious!!!

noelle said...

what a sweet guy you are! Then again, she is quite pregnant right now and NOT baking her something could have been dangerous for you.

just spoken as someone who's been there! LOL

Happy day to her!