Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Foods


Well, this is more of a product than a food. I bought some Ziploc Zip'n Steam Bags. They are so easy to use. Throw what ever you want in the bag; this week I threw broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes in the bags at various times and yesterday I had all four in the bag at the same time. On the back of the bag, it gives recommended times to leave them in the microwave. I went with the highest time: potatoes~7 minutes. When my veggies were done they tasted great. The potatoes were done, but the carrots have remained a little hard each time I've tried them (tried them in three different bags so far, with three different varieties of veggies, but never by themselves).

I will be using these during our upcoming kitchen remodel for sure, but it is just as easy to throw veggies on the stove and almost just as quick.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hadn't heard of these...thanks for the heads-up!

Anonymous said...

I saw these on Biggest Loser--they look like a great idea. Can they be re-used or are they just one time use?