Saturday, June 14, 2008

TEAM

Think First, Eat Wisely, Attend Meetings, and Move More. I've been focusing on eating wisely this week. I decided that I have been eating too much for lunch. Since starting WW, I've never really changed how much I eat for lunch. My points have decreased, but my lunches haven't. I had always been eating 10-14 points worth of food for lunch. That's not a big deal when you have 44 points to eat throughout the day. Now, my daily points are 33 and 14 points comes close to half my daily allowance. This week, I decided to subtract a fruit: 2 points. I still get plenty of fruits and veggies in. My lunches this week have been 7-9 points. I'm not feeling hungry and I needed to do it. I never felt full with the 14 point lunches, but never felt hungry either and that's what it's all about: feeling satisfied. I've felt the same with my 7-9 point lunches this week, so I'll be keeping the lower points for lunch so I have more wiggle room in the evening.

I know a lot of my problem has to do with eating when I am tired. This week, I will focus on "Thinking First." Do I really need the popcorn for a snack in the evening, or could I eat a few carrots?

Last night, my wife offered to go to the grocery store as to keep me away from the Fiber One Bars. I told her I'd be alright because they were on sale last week: 5 for $10 and now they're $3.59 a package. No temptation here for this cheapskate.

**Happy Birthday Ms. Caryn~4 yrs. old on Friday the 13th. Same day as Grandma and Grandpa B's Anniversary~Happy Anniversary: 38 yrs?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually have a bigger than normal breakfast. That and the other things that have been creeping back into my routine are what what sparked the idea for my "Boot Camp" next week.

WWSuzi said...

I find that i end up treating those fibre one bars as candy so i just have to stay away from them. Plus the fact i only have 22 pts makes them add up fast!!

Dinahsoar said...

Good post! The "think first" can make a big difference in choices made. If I'm strongly craving a thing I do eat a portion of it. But if it's not a craving, and I'm hungry for a thing and it's higher calorie I ask myself--what could I substitute that I would enjoy equally that would save some calories and possibly be more filling too...and healthful if warranted.

If you work at it you can come up with lots of better options.

Mrs. Darling said...

Yep I eat way too much Kettle Corn in the evenings. This week I want to stay away from the stuff. I dont get whats so good about those fiber one bars. Fortunately for me I hate them! LOL

Andrew is getting fit said...

I always try to have a big breakfast, medium lunch and tiny dinner with fruit snacks in between.

It's good to see you've figured out how to get things back on track.

Anonymous said...

You are right, Grandma and Grandpa B are married 38 years. ;)

Kate said...

I always try to plan out my menu before eating, I find it helps alot, and I make sure I am making better choices that way!