Friday, November 21, 2008

Redneck Weight Training


I've been trying to incorporate a little weight training into my routine by lifting my 2 yr. old over my head several times a day. I never had a set of weights that asked to be lifted over and over again. We usually got to about 10 to 15 before I'm beat. Then I do a "cool-down" with the baby, who is not much of a baby anymore!

Yesterday, we went grocery shopping and discovered another cool way to lift weights: Turkey! These have got to be the cheapest weights out there at 38 cents a pound! We lifted so many turkeys, just to lift them, I'm sure the other customers were thinking we were strange. Never spent 2 hours in the grocery store before, but we had fun. Oh, and yes we did buy a turkey ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

great minds think alike as I posted about grocery workouts today too.

and now, OH TB, long for a video of you doing your turkeyroutine.

(love your title to the post. you are far more creative than I :))

Anonymous said...

Now that's multitasking.

Kathy said...

You are so funny!

new*me said...

very cute! And I thought I was getting a deal at .77 a pound!

kborn said...

who is we?

TB--Milwaukee said...

WE would be Alex and I. Alex is a strong little guy!!

kborn said...

He may be little, but don't underestimate his strength! JUST LIKE HIS GODMAMA! :-)

Anonymous said...

I was looking for one of my previous blogs when I noticed an added comment by you. Please understand, I was not offended in the least. I was encouraged by it. Thank you for that comment. I appreciate it.