Monday, December 1, 2008

Snacking to Snack

I made it through Thanksgiving and stayed close to my plan. I had one plate full for dinner, but the 6 desserts were calling my name. I always forget what mince-meat pie tastes like, so I tried a few bites, had some grasshopper pie and a few ;) scopes of apple crisp. Thanksgiving is not what has tripped me up this week. I have subbed for 6 meetings since last Monday, a receptionist that I work with was going on a cruise and she is always so nice about filling in for others even though she and her husband already work over 20 meetings a week. After the two evening meetings, I was starving. I am used to eating dinner at around 4:45-5:15 and with these meetings, I couldn't eat till after 7:00! Made for a lot of evening snacking!!

I have tracked diligently since WW innovations on Nov. 9 and have found that I do great until after supper. Last night, my 7 yr. old asked me way I snack after supper. I grabbed a hand full of chips. She said she would like some and then caught herself by saying that she had already brushed her teeth. This week, I will brush my teeth with the kids in the evening and call that the end of my eating day. I will not snack just for the sake of snacking!!

This morning we were awoken with a good 4 inches of wet, heavy snow!! A December 1 tradition in Milwaukee. 3 straight years. This year was the least amount, but it's still the first good snowfall that I got to use my new shovel on. Hoping for a few more good snowfalls so I can change up my exercise routine.

7 comments:

noelle said...

I'm always tripped up by the kids when I reach for something, then tell them they don't need it or should have healthy food instead. hmmmm

Kathy said...

Brushing and flossing does help...too much work to have to repeat in another couple of hours. And the mint of the toothpaste kinda spoils the taste of whatever you're going to snack on. I have also sucked on a Hall's cough drop to spoil the taste of food! They have a sugar-free variety. You could also make it a "family policy" that the only thing allowed between meals is raw fruits or vegetables and stick to it.

Ron said...

I like to exercise, but I am not wanting any snow to help me out!!!

kborn said...

hope that works for you! it's a pretty good plan. snacking late gets me too..especially with dark getting here so much faster...seems like so much more time at night...

new*me said...

we got a little snow last night.......just a dusting but so pretty and nothing to shovel :)

I am glad t-day is over so I can focus again. Thankfully hubby polished off the pecan pie and the rest of the sugar cookies.......my weakness!

Melissa said...

I'm with Ron. Being in southern California, I'm sure glad I have options other than dealing with snow to get in my exercise. LOL

Anonymous said...

It's a neverending battle, isn't it?