Monday, April 20, 2009

When Are You Too Old...

to eat the same number of donut holes as your age?

Yesterday at church, it was "Be good and you can have a donut hole" Sunday. We usually have refreshments once a month to encourage people to stay in church and meet and greet each other. It usually turns into the kids behaving the best they can so they can have donuts after church, which is fine by me. But, when do I start telling my 7 yr. old that 7 donut holes is just too much. I mean, do I go up and have 35 donut holes! I do limit her to 4 and of course I hear the: "It's not fair!" because Caryn is 4 and gets 4 and Alex is 3 and gets 3, so on and so forth. She'll get over it.

We had a great week at home last week and are looking forward to summer home as a family. My food choices were good as I was in control all week planning the kids snacks and not having the regular snack binge of the after school time. Exercise was great too. The weather was Spring-like and I took a few great walks.

I purchased another pedometer this weekend as my last one had been resetting all the time. I figured that I could get a new one at WW since I get a discount plus there's a sale going on too. Unfortunately, my step total was pretty low over the weekend, but it always has been pretty low over the weekend.

Looking forward to better choices once again this week.

Already, the little guy is looking in the frig!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Good point! Maybe they need to reconsider at what age they change to a different prize.
That is one cute kid! Hard to say no to him, I'll bet!

kborn said...

I don't think I could eat 29....was that your arguement? Liz has her way of sharing her creative ways of it's not fair!

Can't believe how tall Benji is getting to be!! And look at that "so proud" smile...

Fitter After 50 said...

Pedometers are fun! Donut holes are too but not too many. :)

new*me said...

Can you blame her? Donut holes are very hard to stop once you have tasted one ;) Love the little cutie hanging out by the fridge :)