Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bring It!

My little one has had a fever since Saturday and hasn't slept quite as well as he usually does. Yesterday, he was wrestling around at about 4:00, so I brought him into my bed. Got him some more Tylenol and tucked him back in his own bed.

Since I was up, I thought I'd try the first day of P90X. It was tough, but I made it through the whole workout and was still upright at the end...barely, but I was upright. After the Chest and Back workout, the Ab Ripper X workout is supposed to be done. It's a totally ridiculous workout of ab exercises that I was lucky to be able to do 1 or 2 of each exercise.

This morning, once again I woke up early and felt the burn. The plyometrics DVD focused lots on the quads and there were many a squat and lunge. It was actually kind of fun. I didn't do the real tough high impact exercises, choosing to modify them rather than wreck my already bad knees. It was easy enough to modify and believe me, I still got a solid workout.

These workouts will be quite different from the elliptical which has been really my only form of exercise lately. So far, so good and I'm happy to be trying something new, but having a hard to cuddling with the baby since my chest and back are quite sore.

1 comment:

WWSuzi said...

Hope the little guy is feeling better soon!