Friday, September 25, 2009

Shh...Don't Tell Anyone!!

This week, we have had an influx of tomatoes and raspberries. Alex and I have enjoyed picking them. The raspberries have filled a 2 cup bowl each day and he has rushed to the sink to wash them and eat them for lunch. I have been stuck with the tomatoes.

Not a big fan of tomatoes. I tolerate tomatoes cooked, added into things and as a sauce, but raw tomatoes have never been on my "favorites" list. This week, because we've had tons everyday, I've decided to give them another try. Well, seems that actually don't taste too bad. I wouldn't go as far as to eat them like an apple, but added to my salads, it has added some nice fresh flavor. Just don't tell anyone that I'm eating them or they'll make me try cucumbers next, or maybe even watermelon!!

Nothing planned for the weekend. Working 4 WW meetings tomorrow and enjoying the summer-like weather while cheering on the Packers.

6 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Raspberries i'd take any day :) Tomatoes i usually love but i've had so many that they aren't what i grabbing for any more!

Kathy said...

The nicest thing about tomatoes, cucumbers, and watermelon is that they are practically calorie free! Worth reconsidering even if you have to do it secretly!

Ron said...

Fresh raspberries sound so good!

deb said...

Make sure you get some of those raspberries for yourself. They are one of the healthiest foods you can eat.

I love fresh ripe tomatoes -and don't have a one from my bushes this year. (darned gophers) so I am jealous. Do not like cooked tomatoes so much... But how could you say no to a BLT?

Yum Yucky said...

Oh my goodness. I have raspberry luv! I just started liking them this year. I don't know why I waited so long.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you to be eating tomatoes.....my next pasta salad may have a "surprise" cucumber in there. Really.....they are good for you!! I'm not a big fan of watermelon either, but I do eat it occasionally. I much prefer the other melons. Don't like raspberries at all...strawberries are better! I froze a bunch of tomatoes yesterday...will see that you get some for your sauces and chili!

MIL