Monday, March 22, 2010

Food Scale

I've been contemplating purchasing a WW food scale probably since the first week I joined WW. It has only taken my 4 years before purchasing one. I did it Saturday. I've used it for everything the last 3 days and it hasn't surprised me that I've been cheating on portions. Actually, I had no idea how many strawberries and blueberries I could eat for 1 point! Most everything else I've been guesstimating on the low end. It really is a cool tool and hopefully it gets me back into a tracking truthfully and motivating my mojo to get me back in the right scale direction.

We've had beautiful Spring weather lately and I've been outside a bunch. Last week, my pedometer hit 10,000 4 out of 5 days. Nice! Our nap time has been all out of whack with the time change. 1 yr old has not wanted to lie down in his crib, so I've been having to rock him to sleep. I would love to be able to take him for a walk in the stroller, but he does not relax in the stroller...too busy watching everything!

My 8 yr old is a biking pro now. She still has a little problem getting started. She can't seem to get her pedals a going, but once she gets started, there's no stopping her. It's really fun to watch her succeed at a skill that will be with her forever.

Have a great week, I'll be weighing and measuring to keep myself from stealing bites, licks and tastes without thinking first.

5 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of those food scales myself! Way to go on the steps, you are just a walking fool :)

Kathy said...

I felt the same way about my digital food scale. Amazed at how much I could have of berries and how much I was fooling myself on the cereals! I use mine to weigh equal portions of yarn now. Maybe I should put it back to its original purpose.

Frank Dobner said...

I have been thinking about getting a scale too. As you get more excited about losing more weight, I keep getting new ideas on how to be more precise about intake. How much did your scale cost?

Miz said...

I scoffed at food scales until I saw the EAT SMART (I think that was it?) in person this weekend.

for some reason all the info suddenly struck me as COOl!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Spunkysuzi~I had been avoiding the food scale because I really don't want to be tied to it forever, but I really do feel that tracking will be a lifelong skill, so I better get used to the scale at least when I know I'm fudging numbers a bit.

Kathy~I'm really not into eating yarn yet ;)

Frank~I'm a WW employee so I get a good discount. Really any food scale would work just as well, it's just a matter of getting everything back to the portion it should be.

Mizfit~Sure is fun to have a new toy for a while! Not sure how long I'll enjoy it though.