Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Don't Fall in the Toilet

I have always been the one to intuitively "put the seat down" after going to the bathroom. Recently, I've found myself not doing this especially since I'm home all day with the boys and we use the bathroom a lot during the day. Alex usually does a little potty dance for a good half hour before having to rush to the bathroom, so keeping the seat down is sometimes a must. My wife has gotten spoiled by my habit over the years and never checks the seat until it's too late ;)

My habit of putting the toilet seat was a relatively easy one to form and I'm sure it'd be easy to keep putting it down, but I really see no reason to take the extra step during the day when I know I'm the only one around. Why then was this habit so easy to form while the habit of tracking my food is so hard to form and keep? I tracked diligently for over two years, but now have had difficulty doing so for the last year or so.

I'll keep working at it. Maybe if I keep my tracker in the bathroom I could work on both habits at once.

Check out the "Man of the Day" at Two Fit Chicks today. These gals are a great inspiration.

8 comments:

Seth said...

Congrats on being Man of the day!

Also - I never directly associated food tracking with toilets. That is a whole other type of tracking your food. For weight loss/maintenance purposes, you really only need to track what goes in TB.

Anonymous said...

LOL. There are 3 females here to 2 males so the females win. You only need to skim the water once to be adament that the seat stays DOWN! :)

Like the bathroom tracker idea...haha

Anonymous said...

LOL. There are 3 females here to 2 males so the females win. You only need to skim the water once to be adament that the seat stays DOWN! :)

Like the bathroom tracker idea...haha

Anonymous said...

LOL. There are 3 females here to 2 males so the females win. You only need to skim the water once to be adament that the seat stays DOWN! :)

Like the bathroom tracker idea...haha

Fitter After 50 said...

I've resorted to just checking it. Saves a lot of hassle in the long run. :)

Lorraine said...

By way of Kathy, I swing by, chuckles a plenty lol ah the toilet seat, since my son has left for a place of his own, I never fall in the toilet anymore lol apparently it takes 21 days to form a habit, I say that's too long....Congrats though on your weight lost, pretty amazing!

grammy said...

Hi, Kathy was bragging about you yesterday (o:
I always read your comments there and have come over here before. You are doing a great awesome job. I lost 40 pounds 3 years ago and I have kept it off (with the exception of 3 rouge pounds that come and go). It is stinkin hard to keep it off...so kudos to you. But hey man...don't you feel so much better. I am 57...but feel younger than I did 40 pounds ago (o:

TB--Milwaukee said...

Seth~I never thought about tracking the output, but that could be done too.

Dee~Tracker in the bathroom still hasn't happened.

Oh Sew Good~I've gotten lazy as I know I'm the one in the bathroom the most since I'm home all day.

Lorraine~Thanks for stopping by, Kathy is a treasure.

Grammy~Thanks for stopping by too, Kathy has always been one of my favorite blogger buddies.