Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The End of Summer

Pickles

We have had an awesome summer around these parts. Lots of adventure and exercise. There is a great new indoor play area called "Kids in Motion." My kids have loved playing in the padded playground area and we've spent hours there without fighting. The only fighting that occurs is when I announce that it is time to go. I've done fine exercise wise, I've continued to run at least 3-4 times weekly and I've thrown a few bike rides into the mix as well. Last week, I rode my bike to my WW meeting. That was a good workout as it's uphill both ways. How does that even happen? Seems I have to go over the freeway and they've built it up on both sides. I've still been riding the elliptical too, so exercise has been plentiful.

My eating on the other hand needs a little working on. If I do good till 4:00pm, my day is awesome. It seems to be the 2-4pm snacking that kills me. I'm hoping that once the kids go back to school, I'll get into a no snacking routine, but that time of day has always been a problem for me even when I plan a snack for that time. We've had an awesome August with going to the State Fair, my oldest daughter's 9th birthday, a family outing to the Brewer game and now getting ready for school, which starts on Friday.

It will be a new adventure as I'll only have the babe all day. Last year, our day was broken up as I had to pick up our preschooler everyday at 11:15. Hoping for a good start of the school year as our kids are transitioning into a new school as our school building from last year has closed.

Promise I'm still around kicking, but it's tough to get computer time as the kids like playing games. As I type, I have one screaming for a snack, another barking at her sister and the babe trying to climb all over me. I'll make a point to check in more and get blogging back into my school everyday routine.

6 comments:

Ron said...

Glad to hear from you, sounds like you have had a great summer filled with exercise!!!!

Anonymous said...

Is that "Pickles" cartoon about me and Grandpa??? :)

MIL

Anonymous said...

Always good to read an update on your life! Sounds like you're doing well - enjoying the kiddos too! I did some jogging this week - yah! Not much at all, but a bit interspersed into my walks. Feels good.
D

PePito89 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
workout mommy said...

great cartoon! that snack monster seems to hit my house as well! grrrr....

sounds like you've had a great august!
:)