Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Saddest Part of Working for Weight Watchers

Even though my lastest weigh in was 213 for the month of June, I know I'd be much worse off if I didn't attend/work at Weight Watcher meetings regularly.  I feel so much stronger and healthier now than I even did at 190.  I work out at least 5 days a weeks and in the last 6 months this has included weekly with a trainer and weight training 2-3 times weekly.  My clothes fit better than they did at 190, but I'd still like to get back to that weight eventually.

I am so grateful to be able to work for Weight Watchers just for the mere fact that I can attend meetings for free.  This has kept me closer to my WW goal than I would be not attending meetings and weighing in regularly.  I'd love to work more meetings, but something about "you're above your WW goal" is keeping me from doing so.

This past weekend, a member returned to the meeting room for the first time since February.  He reached his lifetime status in February and took it on his own.  Unfortunately, he has gained a noticeable amount of weight.  Sucks! I know how tough it is to keep weight off and stay on top of nutrition and exercise.  In some regards, I think it was SO much easier to lose 80 pounds than it is to lose 10-20 pounds.  I was focused, in the zone, had an ultimate goal and wanted that goal.  When it was reached, it felt great and I let my guard down and haven't been able to regain that "in the zone" nutritional feeling.

My member "looked" that same way.  I could see his dissapointment in himself and feel the same emotional let down that is tough to regain.  I hate when successful WW members stop coming for a while and come back needing to "re-lose" weight that they once lost so easily.

Even though I have had a difficult time following Points Plus, I continue to stick with it, but I have recently begun to count calories as well. I feel a double dose of accountablity can't be too horrible.  I don't want to come into the meeting room and have anyone think "boy, he looks a little bloated!" anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have that also at TOPS. I know that whenever I don't feel like attending, that's when I absolutely NEED to attend! I can't wait until I reach my goals.
Dawn