Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Put the Seat UP!!

I've been home with the boys going on 3 years.  In that time, I've always kept the toilet seat up during the day and tried to put it down after school.  It's an easy habit for me to remember, I really don't mind putting it down.  We're an equal household~3 boys, 3 girls, so really we shouldn't worry about this should we?  Yes we should!  The boys are slobs, plain and simple.  They are lucky to make it to the bathroom and when the do, their aim is not always the best.  To top it off, they rarely put the seat UP!!  This means that I am always watching the bathroom first to make sure the toilet is flushed, second to make sure the toilet seat is clean and dry.  These little boys are not putting the seat up.  I'm not fighting it right now cause frankly, I'm just glad they're making it to the toilet and I don't have to clean up messing throughout the house.

So what's next?  Habit forming. How do I get these boys to go to the bathroom without me pestering them.  Then, how do I get them to put the seat up before taking care of business.  It's a work in progress.

Today, I met with my territory manager for Weight Watchers.  She is fairly new to our territory, but not to Weight Watchers.  She's been around for a long time, just not around Milwaukee, closer to Green Bay.  She's been meeting with all of the WW staff in both of her territories just to touch base and see how we are doing and what our goals are.  I was pleased with our short chat and remotivated to get to a healthy BMI.  She encouraged me to see the doctor to make sure my goal is still appropriate.  I've been lifting more and working out regularly so I know my body composition has definitely changed since the last time I went to the doctor close to 4 years ago.  It's time.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, TB! I told my hubby that you had a post about getting your boys to put the seat UP - he couldn't figure it out! haha No tips here - the boys are outnumbered 2 to 3 so it's usually seats down until they use them. Can't stand a seat up in the middle of the night! Ugh! THAT happens once in a while!
Good idea of checking your goals re: your body composition changing. Have you had it tested? That might be worthwhile.
Good to hear from you again!
Dawn