Saturday, July 21, 2007

Oil or not to Oil

Yesterday on the "Guys on a Diet" message board there was a question about how you get your oil healthy guideline into your diet. I have to admit, this is the one healthy guideline that I've not been following everyday. When I have fresh veggies in the house, it's easy to throw them in a saucepan with a little canola oil and they're great. I hate to think about having to "waste" 3-4 points daily on oil. There just seems to be so many other things I'd rather be stuffing my face with. Someone mentioned that if they don't get their healthy oils in by bedtime, they take 2 tsps. of light olive oil straight off the spoon. I would definitely have a problem with that one. When I was in college, I was a bit reckless on the party scene and was tricked into slamming a 16oz. cup of Wesson Oil instead of the beer I thought I had. Needless to say, I haven't enjoyed beer or veggie oil much since so drinking it straight from the bottle will not be an option for me. Now, I'm much older and some what more mature and wiser, so I know the importance of oils, but I still struggle with getting them in.

No comments: