Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Week 37

Week 37: 194.6
Last Week: 194.4
Progress: Up .2
Starting Weight: 270.2
Total Weight Loss: 75.6
Average Weekly Loss: 2.04

Stayed pretty much the same this week. I really wasn't working hard to lose this week. Left over cookies at Grandma's, a crispy creme yesterday before my at-work weigh in, and a few evenings of heavier snacking than normal. I'll get back to losing next week. A few too many treats, but I don't feel bad or guilty.

Our meeting tonight featured many more new faces. Before the meeting, I had several people come up to talk to me since I hit 75 last week. Lots of new people looking for advice. I told them that I work the program and it works for me. Tracking, exercise, getting support from meetings, WW message boards and blogging, along with staying accountable to myself daily. During the meeting we were asked to mingle and find someone that we did not know. There were several gentlemen at the meeting, about 7, and I went up to one of them that was brand new tonight. Kurt came with his girlfriend, he is closing in on 50 and has decided to lose some weight before the health problems of diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. creep up on him. I am very glad that I have started to make a change earlier in my 30's so I'll have it down by the time I'm 50.

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Very smart of you to be thinking ahead!

I made some major changes in my diet/lifestyle in my late twenties, and now that I'm in my mid-forties, I'm so glad I did! Though I may complain about healthy habits, they've become pretty ingrained. I think it would be much harder to start off at 50 and try to start from scratch.

Kathy said...

Doesn't it feel good to be the "good" example and be able to inspire others? That first visit to a WW meeting can be so daunting!

noelle said...

Good attitude about your gain. Although .2 could just be a little extra fluid or something simple like that.

Last week when I got Lifetime, I had a few come up and talk to me too. Kind of strange to be the successful one for once. And I wanted to get myself in order before hitting 40. I still have more than 2 years till that day, but it feels so good to be at a healthy weight again!

Denise said...

I have not ever known about Weight Watchers "Core" diet... so I guess I will read up on it.... It seems to be the only thing that works for me...lots to eat but no fat and few calories... and in response to the other comments.. it is hard to start at my age... I have always been slim and healthy... I kind of lost grip a few years ago,, and now am paying for it... but I am very determined... I am very thankful that it is only 50 so lbs... I can do this...

thanks for stopping by and I will take time to read through your previous posts...I am sure I will learn something.....

blessings