Sunday, June 1, 2008

21,068

I ended May withing a whooper of a day. 21,068 steps yesterday. I have not walked over 20,000 steps in a day since Feb. 6, which happened to be Ash Wednesday and a huge snow with no volunteers to help transport residents to and from Chapel.

Yesterday, I planned to have a large number. I woke up early and got out of bed by 6:30 and off for a walk. I walked around the fairgrounds, which is my usual course on a weekend. This weekend was different, the Indy Cars were in town to run their annual race at the Milwaukee Mile. I had a great time being nosy and no one questioned me at all. I had over 8,000 steps by 7:45 when I returned home.

Later in the morning, we decided to go to the zoo. We had coupons for the Zoomobile and the Carousel that expired on 5/31/08, so we had no choice but to go. I hate wasting good coupons. We also had coupons that expired on 5/31/09, so we didn't have to pay for either the Zoomobile or the Carousel. The kids had a blast, Alex prefers to push the stroller rather than ride in it. That's a 2-yr. old for ya!

After the zoo, I checked and I had over 13,000 steps. I was thinking that I was done for the day, but then I went to Sam's Club for some fruit. Little did I know I would spend close to 5 HOURS there as I asked about new tires and they said they could get them on in less than two hours. Well, Elizabeth and I had a great time trying all the samples, buying an ICEE, and resting for a long time on the bed and lounge chairs they have set up for displays. 5,000 more steps by the time I got home.

I was tuckered and ready for a break when we got home. My wife was a bit worried, since we left and 2:00 and didn't return till after 7:00. Of course I didn't have my cell phone with me. Well, she had enough of Alex and decided I should take him for a walk to put him to sleep. Luckily, I only had to walk 2,000 steps to put him to sleep.

What a day! Lots of steps and I felt great.

4 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

That's a lot of steps but it sounds like they were all worthwhile.

Kathy said...

I hope you had on comfy shoes!

Isn't this the Big Baby Day???

kborn said...

nice!!

noelle said...

I am impressed!!! When I used to wear my pedometer, an average day 12,000 steps and a big day was 14,000. I never broke 20,000 ever I don't think! Kudos!!!

and congrats on baby now that I'm sure the little one has arrived!