Monday, November 30, 2009

Cookie Jar

Last week flew by fast, at least for me. I was lucky enough to win tickets to "Plaid Tidings" on Wednesday and tickets to "Sesame Street Live" on Friday. I'm sure my winning ways are over for a while now.

My 8 yr old had a much different feeling about vacation. She was more than excited to go back to school today.

"I'm bored."
"There's nothing to do!"
"I'm hungry."
"What's there to do?"
And on and on...

She was excited to do everything we did last week, but whenever there was a down moment, she complained.

Friday, we decorated the house, which meant there was not a lot of complaining. However, somehow a cookie jar appeared in the kitchen. I don't remember having a cookie jar in the kitchen since I was a kid.

My wife has a fasination for snowmen and this holiday temptor is a half melted one she got as a gift a few years back, but this is the first year it has made it's way to the kitchen.

I will try my hardest not to feel obigated to keep it full...or empty for that matter. This could be a challenge.

(Sees if this works, waiting in the parking lot for preschool to finish)
Rambled off on my iPhone

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning Plaid Tidings tickets!

What did you think of the show?

WWSuzi said...

The "evil" cookie jar :) I know you can stay strong!

Lance said...

For me...it's about that obligation not to empty that thing! And...I have a daughter who loves to make cookies (that's always a difficult day...when your daughter offers you one...or three...of her warm chocolate chip cookies!). Good luck during "cookie season"!

Miz said...

Im not sure if I should laugh or cry :) that our ceramic cookie jar has been filled with rub on tattoos for the past 3 years :)

we're ... quirky around here :)

Ron said...

Throw your change in the cookie jar for the next year and do something with the whole family with it when it's full. Can't have a cookie jar here. I would fill it with peanut M&M's

TB--Milwaukee said...

Anonymous~Loved Plaid Tidings! I would pay to see it again if I didn't have to find a babysitter.

Spunkysusi~Can't wait for that blasted Snowman to melt.

Lance~There are not a lot of cookies that I HAVE to have. Obligation is the word here too. And once I start, there's no stopping, cause they're just so easy to pop in the mouth.

Mizfit~I would call it resourceful.

Ron~Hadn't even thought about M&M's!! We've got lots of beautiful crystal candy dishes from our wedding that sit in the China cabinet all year, but they'll be making an appearance shortly I'm sure.