Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cookie Jar Part II

After thinking about it for a short time, I realized that we use a lot of things around the house for tasks they were not intended to be used for. We have a huge vase that we used at our wedding that collects our coins. This past summer we emptied it and cashed in over $150 dollars towards our Disney Trip. We have several Tupperware containers that contain markers, crayons, beads, tiny Barbie parts, etc. In fact, I have had to empty a few on occasion to get leftovers put away. Our laundry baskets would never be used for laundry if it were up to the kids. Toys, stuffed animals, and the sort consume them right away if they are empty. They also make a great makeshift way to transport-your-baby-brother-around-the-house car. I have received several popcorn tins from various fundraisers and you know what? No popcorn in any of them!!

Why do I have to use the cookie jar as a cookie jar? I could stuff it full of something else. Pens, pencils, rubber bands, paper clips or as Mizfit does...tattoos.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Now that's why people think you're clever!!!

WWSuzi said...

Good thinking :)

Ron said...

Sounds like a good plan!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Kathy~certainly was not my idea, I was all set with the cookies ;)

Spunkysuzi~I've been lazy so far and thinking I may just dump water in it to ensure I don't put cookies in it.

Ron~Good plan, now to implement it.