Thursday, December 3, 2009

Who's on Your Shoulder?

I found out a few weeks back that the leader who led my regular WW meetings while I was losing 80 pounds had given her meetings up. I had often used her as a conscience on my shoulder. You know the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other shoulder. I had conversations that usually resulted in me asking myself, "What would so and so say if you ate this?" I used her to keep myself honest, to make sure I had someone to stay accountable to.

I have not attended a WW meeting as a member in almost 2 years. I've been to many meetings, but as a staff member and not a WW member. Now, even though I hadn't been to a meeting with my leader in a long time, I've felt like I've lost that little voice on my shoulder asking me if I'm really going to eat that!

Do you have someone that you answer to? A little voice that is keeping you honest. A little voice that is keeping you from embarrassing yourself? A little voice that is keeping you from eating everything in site!

I need a little voice! Any volunteers?

Have a great day. Here in Milwaukee we are expecting our first snow of the season, 2-4 inches.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I hope you find that someone, TB, cause I know how important that is. I totally understand.

WWSuzi said...

That's what i'm going to have to find. Someone to help keep me honest! Someone to talk to if the going gets rough. Someone who understands.