Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Feeling Berry Good



We've had strawberries in our garden since we started a garden almost 10 years ago. Never have we had the amount that we are getting this year. Everyday for the last week, we've been able to pick about 2 quarts. It's been awesome. You know they taste WAY better than those mammoth ones that are sold in the stores.

Our weekend was a productive one. Rummage sale Friday and Saturday followed by a huge family party Sunday. We celebrated my two June kids birthdays. Monday, I hauled all the rummage stuff to our church, their rummage is in two weeks. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with getting rid of what doesn't sell now. Saturday, I had my monthly weigh in. Finally, back to 200. It's a battle and I'm sure it will continue to be so, but most of the time, I feel like I'm headed in the right direction.

Ever try getting 8 kids to look at you for a picture?

June Birthdays sharing a cake. She'll get her own this weekend.

What a happy kid!

6 comments:

Patrick said...

Oh my that cakes looks like a winner. Of course it is sugar free, fat free, all things bad for you free; no? Congrats on getting 200 back in hand.

Kathy said...

Those kids! How fun!

Fitter After 50 said...

Even though they weren't all looking, the picture still turned out alright. Happy Birthday to the June birthday's. :)

Miz said...

I dont think I could get EIGHT KIDS to do anything...

Anonymous said...

Great post - can you send some strawberries??? Please??! We have strawberry plants but they're not close to being ready yet...you're giving me hope though!

Nice kiddo pics! I love the updates!

Oh and great job on getting back on track...maybe if you lose, I will too (since our weights are FAR TOO similar!) ;)

D

Anonymous said...

Hey TB, my Friday post mentions your blog...Just a head's up! ;)
D