Thursday, October 21, 2010

Strength Training

I was never really a huge fan of strength training. Even when I played football in high school, I always thought working out was so slow and I never appreciated the process.

Today, I worked on all the upper body strength machines at the WAC. I started with 10 minutes on the treadmill, followed by a set of 12 on each of the 8 machines. 10 more minutes on the treadmill, another set of 12 on the machines and then 15 minutes on the elliptical.

It was nice to break it up a bit and there really are lots of people that jump around from machine to machine without doing too long of any one exercise.

I'm so glad Benjamin enjoys his time in the Clubhouse. Makes me want to go more often. I signed up for Spinning once again tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll last as my legs are still quite sore form Tuesday.

I'm on a sauerkaut kick lately. I've bought some chicken sausages at Sam's and add a cup of the kraut for lunch. Mm mm good!

Happy Thursday!




3 comments:

Yum Yucky said...

Chicken sausages! never had it. But know I want it. With mashed potatoes. Does that match?

Miz said...

ahhhh sadness :) the one place we differ.

Fitter After 50 said...

I was strength training at the Y before we left NC and was enjoying the progress. I miss it. Lift some weights for me too, k?