Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ran 7 miles

I really was not planning to go to the gym this morning.  I had every intention to just head home because frankly, I'm tired.  But something got me going and my car headed to the gym.  I ran and ran and ran.  First, one and a half miles...then switched treadmills because the sun was glaring off the magazine rack right into my eyes.  Then, another 5.5 miles. I got done much earlier than I do if I attend a class.  Had plenty of time to grocery shop and head to Sam's Club. 

I felt great. I know if I would have skipped the gym today, I would have felt guilty all day and just taken the frustration out on the kids for no good reason.  I am now set up for success and I am ready for dinner too.  Planning ahead to ensure success.

The Saturday receptionists and I have been mulling over options as to meetings to attend.  I would love to go to the center closest my house, but I was working there yesterday and checked the numbers and over 150 members attend each meeting.  That's a bit too large for me.  I understand the leader is great, but seriously...150!

I do plan on skipping the gym tomorrow, but who knows what direction the car will take.  Really I have no good reason other than, I can.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Been following you too! Best wishes with the continuing effort. You are an inspiration!

Ron said...

7 miles... very cool