Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mowing the Grass

It's amazing to me that I've only had to mow our huge lawn a few times this year.  Starting off with 2 times in April, I was dreading the thought of the almost 1/2 acre chore weekly.  But the summer became hot fast and our lawn became a brown crunchy hot pad.  Yesterday, I mowed the lawn for the first time is over 6 weeks.  Usually our lawn does turn brown for awhile in July or August, but 6 weeks is a long stretch.  It was nice to be outside doing something active for awhile, but it sure was hot. And being that I haven't mowed for so long, I forgot how long it actually takes.  And forgetting how long it actually takes, I didn't bother to lather up with sunscreen and today my forehead is as red as a ripe cherry. 

I have done a good job tracking this week, and hopefully it will become more of a habit soon.  My eating has been good, but I still need to focus more on my fruits and veggies as snacks.  Apples had helped me so much when I initially lost my 80 pounds, so I have definitely gone back to basics and the apples are back on the island.  I brought two with me to work last night, my 8-year old was amazed that I was taking something healthy.  Small steps...

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You can do it! I found out I was hypertensive and diabetic when I was scheduled for back surgery. It made me realize that I have to be serious about this whole thing. I have lost sixty pounds since December and am the lowest weight I have been in thirty years! I have a way to go but I know I can do it a day at a time. I also know how difficult maintaining can be.

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE AN 8YO!!! (that struck me!) Did I tell you that I have a MARRIED ONE??!! Whoa.
Notice how the weeds still grow despite the drought of 2012??
I have enjoyed a break from grass cutting - oh yah, DH has been doing it...
Just trying to catch up on my blog reading, glad you're doing well.
Dawn

TB--Milwaukee said...

@Kathy good to hear from you and awesome success! Maintaining weight is way tough!!

@Dawn so glad you stopped by. I did check out the wedding pics last week. My oldest actually will be 11 in a week. They are going... Actually, even our weeds were suffering through the summer, best part was it was even too dry for the pesty mosquitoes to survive.